Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday Centus: Just Like Mommy

It's time for another Saturday Centus. Jenny Matlock provided this picture. Well, actually she gave us part of the picture last week.... and I never got my entry onto paper - er, well, onto my computer. So now we see the complete picture and we were challenged to use it as inspiration and write just 100 words.


When I grow up I want to be like my Mommy.
I will walk through life with my chin up high. 
And won’t be afraid of what’s to come.
At the end of my path
Is a great reward
So I try not to be very glum.
I walk on through each day,
Though I don’t feel very brave
And I often feel lost and alone.
I walk on, walk on
With hope in my heart,
I am really not alone. 
For Mommy’s angel is watching over me. 
Mommy’s angel is there, don’t you see? 
I will never be alone.

My apologies to Rodgers & Hammerstein for any likeness to "You'll Never Walk Alone". 
It was purposeful.
Somehow their wonderful song came to mind.
What can I say, imitation is the best form of flattery! 

To read other responses to the prompt, visit Jenny's site by clicking on the Saturday Centus link below.


12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you changed your mind after reading my offering. Yours made me cry! Mine was just silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing & thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were inspired by that song - I love that song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought some of that sounded familiar, ha. I loved that used it. Very sweet story and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful sentiment. We love our mommy angels who watch over us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter would never think of me when trying on heels. I never wear high heels....or a dress. lol!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how sad. Good job! Amazing how each of us thinks of something different when we see the prompt. laurie @ http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a sadness to this one. I'm sure there will be other things to remind her of mum other than heels.

    Mine is late but it's here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. This made me cry. Gosh. It made me look at the picture in a whole different light.

    I can see the Dad just giving in to what the little girl wanted because...well...she doesn't have a Mom active in her life.

    This was really touching.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...