My days are very, very busy! A typical day goes something like this:
7:45-ish: Walk the dogs. If I walk the perimeter of the RV resort it is just over 1.1 miles. Some days I don't have the wherewithal do go all the way around, but other days I take twists and turns to add steps to my walk. Gypsy is thriving on our new regimen. She has lost a few pounds and is keeping them off. Wish I could do the same! I know that Tucker has had enough of a walk when he stops pulling on the leash!
9:00-ish: Ride my bike down to the Nature Center (our craft center) to participate in some sort of craft class. I am either the student or the teacher. I have already taught the "Mystery Quilt" classes, and a cloth basket class. When no class is scheduled I might be working on one of my quilting projects.
|This is the beginning of Week 3 of the Mystery Quilt.|
|No one knows why the "Nature Center" was originally constructed, but over the years it has become the crafting area. Sadly, it has screen windows covered in plastic and no heat or A/C. Some days this winter it has been darn right cold!|
Afterwards, I head to the motorhome to take the dogs out. Some days I tie them outside, which they dearly love, and enjoy my lunch while reading a magazine or a book.
12:45: If it is a Monday, Wednesday or Friday I hop on my bike and head to the club house to play Mahjong. I am just learning but I love the game. This week I won three games in a row; it had nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck!
4:00: Take the dogs to "Yappy Hour" at the dog park.
|One of the puppy dads had treats to give out at Yappy Hour. |
It was amazing how well behaved the dogs were as they waited a turn to get their treats.
- The Bocce ball courts have just been redone. Bocce is on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- I have played water volley ball. That's on Thursday afternoons.
- Line dancing is on Tuesday mornings. We also have the opportunity to do yoga or Zumba in the mornings.
- Mr. Dreamy races RC (Radio Controlled) cars on an amazing race track. He also participates in a garden railroad club.
- Tuesday nights are movie nights.
- We often have entertainment on Friday or Saturday evenings.
- Ping-Pong will begin next week on Monday and Wednesday at 10:00 AM
- BINGO is played every Monday evening. I am probably not going to participate this year. I get too tense as I'm waiting for someone to yell out "BINGO"! and I didn't win once last year.
- Bunco is played every other week on Thursday evenings.
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings mean pizza, burgers or wings, respectively.
- .... and the list goes on!