Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch: Hit the ground running...

It's time for another chat on the farmhouse porch with Patrice and friends. I will have to admit that our weather has been perfect porch weather .... well at least between storms! Hubby and I have been enjoying lunch on our porch, and an occasional evening drink. The sun's position in the sky is perfect for a morning cup of coffee on the back porch. The sun slides in there and warms up my little corner so that it is just perfect for sipping and planning the day.


Patrice has asked us some questions. My responses are below. You can read other's answers on Patrice's blog by clicking on the image below.


So, what about you? How would you answer the questions?




1. What do you do when friends or family pull out a camera? Hide, pose, smile, pull out your own camera and take a photo of whatever they are photographing, or something else?
I really don't care to have my picture taken, but I put up with it. I smile. 

2. Did you take any type of music lesson in elementary school?

I took clarinet lessons in 3rd grade. I was kicked out of clarinet lessons half-way through the school year. This wasn't because of lack of talent... which did happen to be the case, rather, I hid the chalk from the teacher so he couldn't draw his little notes on the board for us to practice. He made me sit in the hall. I still remember sobbing, and telling some kid that passed by that I was crying because I hit my nose with the clarinet case when I was shutting it! I think the instructor may have called my mother. Perhaps because of my utter lack of musicality, I was no longer enrolled in the class. 

3. What is your favorite color of cat (even if you aren't a cat person)?

Oh, this is as tough as asking what my favorite color of horse is. Hmmm... one of my previous barn kitties was a gray and buff tiger striped sweetie. She was really cute. I like the cats that look like Ocelots, with a predominant spot pattern. Blue point siamese are beautiful, too. 

4. What did you have for dinner yesterday?

Mmmmm.... we had beef tenderloin steaks cooked on the grill, fruit salad and green beans.

5. Do your feet hit the floor running in the morning, or do you drag your self out of bed?

I am a 'bounce out of bed and get going' kind of gal. However, I must admit that 'bouncing' is a bit more of a challenge these days! It's more like a hobble for the first 5...10...45 steps!








Everyday Ruralty

8 comments:

  1. I hide when the camera is pulled out! I am not a fan of my picture being taken, but I will tolerate it on certain occasions.
    I have never taken any musical lessons, ever.
    Favorite cat color? I am not a huge fan of cats and they make me sneeze. I can't even begin to pick a favorite color. I agree with you, it is like asking favorite horse color or dog color.
    Thinking all the way back to yesterday, I don't think I ate dinner! But your dinner sounds delicious!
    I am a dragger. My dogs make it so much harder to get out of bed because they want to cuddle with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend played clairnet. She was so musically inclined. Although, I learned how to play the flute, but I never really felt the music come alive. I think I just wasn't talented enough to express myself naturally.

    Chats on the Farmhouse Porch with Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hid the chalk? That is funny. I am a bouncy morning person too. But like you, I seem to hobble a little longer every day before I get going good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am usually the photographer--- probably because I prefer to be BEHIND the camera rather than in FRONT of the camera. I'm really not photogenic, so I avoid ruining the photo by being the "talent".

    I took private piano lessons from grade 3 - 8. As a retired adult, I have begun playing the keyboard as part of a group that grew out of a continuing ed. class. Our leader/instructor is 81 and we usually follow group practice by a l-o-n-g lunch with plenty of wine. I don't play by ear but rather read music, so I have to practice before our group practices!

    I really don't have a preference re the color of cats as long as they have hair. I really don't like hairless cats --- or dogs! Currently, a large long-haired orange cat and a small gray/black tabby cat share our home.

    Bacot does most of the cooking, so I eat whatever he prepares. Last night we had pot roast that he had marinated in horseraddish for about 24 hours; tonight we will finish the spaghetti left over from Sunday evening.

    I've never been an early-riser During my working career, once I got up I was immediately ready to go. Of course, now that I'm retired, I spend time reading the local newspaper, solving the cross-word and Sudoku puzzles, and checking email before I'm ready to face to day!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. It figures that you hit the floor running. I really thought you'd say that:) Your porch sounds delightful.Hiding the chalk from a teacher? The nuns in my school would have had fun with that one! I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you hid the teachers chalk. In 3rd grade I took everyones name tag from their desk during lunch & put them all in the mean boys desk. When he got in trouble I felt so bad, I cried & then confessed. The things we did as kids. Have a blessed day :o)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...