Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Centus: The View From Below

It is Saturday, and you know what that means?! It's time for Saturday Centus. Jenny gives us a prompt. This week it's a picture. We are to write, in any style, using only 100 words. My effort is based on real life. I actually went climbing last fall. I do want to get back to it.... but, well, I think you'll understand when you read my response - maybe!



I see London
I see France
I see Dreaming’s
Underpants!
I try to tell myself the only thing that keeps me from the climbing wall is my body image. What does one see when someone is dangling aloft?
Have you seen the harness a climber wears? Better yet, have you tried one on? It fits snuggly around one’s legs - at their widest point. In the shape I’m in, those straps dig in to the fat that has formed at the top of my thighs and my body bulges over the straps, engulfing them. It’s not a pretty picture! Trust me!


Click on the image below to read more responses to Jenny's challenge:


Jenny Matlock

9 comments:

  1. That would be my situation, too. Times ten.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! I'm still smiling [:)]. Great thoughts, terribly original.

    The harness would'nt be my reason for not climbing but my age and physical condition surely would be.

    Jim's Saturday Centus
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...my hubby wears a climbing harness when he's working on the roof...it always makes me laugh when I'm on the ground handing things up to him.... "hey, Honey, why not just wear a speedo up there on the roof?" ;)

    As for me, I try not to think of those things when it comes to ME and how I might look! heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid that's what would happen to me. Now after reading your description, I know for sure I won't try it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, it's that image that keeps me from trying ... that and the fact that i would be afraid the harness would snap under the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you've given me another reason NOT to try this. I'm so uncordinated that I've never thought of attempting it, but you just described perfectly how that harness would look and feel on me! Yikes! laurie @ http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me laugh, but also think!

    We do limit ourselves becasue of our body image. Remember when we were kids and we just did what we wanted without worrying about how we looked or what people were thinking?

    Gosh.

    How do we get back to that?

    Thanks for a neat link for week 113.

    Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I website owner I believe the content here is rattling superb, thank you for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.

    Is it tough to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I'm thinking about setting up my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you
    have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...