Let's find out more about each other in the Blog Hop.
I hope you can join in!
In case you are new... or as a reminder:
Each week I'll post two or three prompts.
Write about one or respond to all.
Or, just link your blog to mine if you
care to share something else about yourself.
complete your blog post (or comment) by asking a question of us.
I am really enjoying answering your questions,
and look forward to seeing other responses, too.
I think it's a great way to have a conversation of sorts!
Link your post to the Hobby Horse Blog Hop
by using the Linky Tool below.
Click where indicated, just after it says
"You are next...."
Leave a comment with the answer(s) to the
questions(s) on my blog, down below.
Visit other participating blogs on the list
and respond to their questions in your comments on their pages.
Hobby Horse Blog Hop Prompts - Week 18:
1. When someone says, "summer," what pops into your mind?
2. It's hot - really hot. In what ways do you help your horses, or other animals, deal with the heat?
3. OK....if you are old enough - what's something you recall from the summer of '69? If you are too young, what title would you give your song? Why?
1. Summer: watermelon (even though I don't particularly care for it), corn on the cob, evenings spent running around our neighborhood, playing and catching lightning bugs. Summer camp and loons singing us to sleep with their eerie calls echoing off the hills.
2. Pippin and Doc always had access to shade, but they rarely took advantage of it. Their stalls had 'flow through ventilation' so there would usually be some movement of air. Sometimes I could catch them taking naps in their stalls because of that. Tucker keeps cool by digging in a hole in our lawn, under the shade of a tree. I replace the dirt and he digs it out, curling up in the nest he creates. I don't mind. I'd rather he cool off that way than finding a water source and then rolling in the dirt! Mama Boots is a cat. She does what cats do - she stretches out in the shade and goes into a cat-atonic state!
3. Recollections from the summer of '69: Graduation, Pony Club "A" test, Woodstock - I was supposed to go, but ended up on the west coast and didn't get back in time, preparing for college, work, packing (my parents were moving).
Now it's your turn! Respond to the questions. Ask your own question, and link up with the linky tool - or respond to one or more the prompts in a comment.