Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tucker Talks: Rise and Shine

I have finally figered it out. I know how to get mom and dad out of bed. Ya know, I've tried groaning; and they sleep on. I've tried yawning, ya know, with that drawn out squeaky sound at the end, and they sleep on; I've tried bumping into the bed and putting my wet nose on mom's hand, and she sleeps on. BUT.... last week, really, really early in the morning, I got them both to wake up.... really, really fast. I tried wretching! Mom sat up right away - she listened for a minute then she lay down and rolled over. So, I tried gagging again. Ya know, it is shedding season and those hairs really do tickle my throat. So, I hacked and coughed, ya know, those nice, wet gaggy, gurgly, hacky sounds dogs can make? Mom and Dad both sat up... but, oops, all of that wretching made my dinner come up - all over the carpet... in the bedroom and on the stairs. I didn't really mean to do that. But, it got mom and dad up to play with me at 4 AM. I had some fun! Yes indeed I did!

2 comments:

  1. Yup. Retching gets everyone out of bed at our house too. At first our dogs would wake us up by shaking their collars, so we took their collars off. They tried a variety of noises and the one that annoys me the most is the lip smacking and swirling the tongue around in the mouth. If the dogs do that long enough, I'll get up and kick them outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you didn't wake them up by chewing on the remote control!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...