Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Expanding Vocabulary

Word verification sometimes suggests new, unique terms. I like thinking about possible definitions. Here are a few.

resuplet: v.. to enjoy a small meal of left overs - preferably while standing in front of the open refrigerator door. or n. the left-overs you eat.


Last night I was too tired to cook so we enjoyed resupletting things from the last few meals.

Now, that's a yummy resuplet - a scrap of pizza heated in the microwave!


allaman: adj. an intact animal of the male persuasion. One who has not been neutered.

I have an allaman Chocolate Lab. 
Because of our community covenants we are not allowed to have allaman horses on our property.


sadmin: n. the administrative arm of a failing business.

Blockbuster's sadmin was indirectly responsible for their failure as they didn't have a good vision of the future.



Maybe you'd like to try your hand by coming up with a definition for one of the following:

eloot                        subcow                            inarund

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving me the first laugh I have had for several days! I particularly like the subcow --would that be some lesser species of cow? Or a cow that had been spayed or whatever that's called in a cow. Or maybe a female calf, not yet a cow.

    Isn't it time to get rid of Word Verification? I live in the mountains, I have satellite, it takes soooo much time to have to go through it that I hesitate to visit some of my favorite blogs because of it. I got rid of mine and I have had no problems whatsoever. Please, let's just DO IT!--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the strangness of word vers

    ReplyDelete
  3. eloot: goodies you can get for free on the internet

    subcow: a cow low in the herd status


    inarund: texting slang for "in and around"

    I really don't like when bloggers have word verif. in addition to them approving messages, too.
    Do one or the other: word verif for instant approval of comments, or no word verif. for blog owner approval of comments.

    Still the word verifs can be quite entertaining.
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got one now. I just got this word verification when posting on another blog:

    Vommute: To vommit silently because it is May 12th and still snowing.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

What is Four?

Have you ever thought of the meaning of "four"?  Four is the number of: seasons in a year. corners and sides to a square. virtues....