Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Project: Week 17: Done!

Nope... not really. We're not finished either. Done is for potatoes! I worked with a fabulous English teacher when I taught Middle School... and she was a stickler for proper usage. So, even if the kids didn't learn something, I did! We're not finished, but we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

This week we:
  • finished the shower and the bath front - with the exception of 4 small pieces that will go in after the floor is completed. It's all grouted but the grout has to cure another day before I can seal it.
  • texturized the walls in the bath room where my cleaning up after tiling took off the old/new texture.
  • began installing what seems like miles of base board.
  • touched up the paint in the bathroom - not a fun thing to do, since I had to balance on an upside-down bucket on the edge of the tub to reach the corners in that end of the room.
  • began putting down cement backer board for the bathroom floor tile. 
  • put a second coat of paint on the master bedroom
  • received our in-floor bathroom heating. Hubby has looked at the installation video - I need to do the same (or maybe just plead ignorance and let him do all of the work!!)
  • put up some storage shelves in the basement. Now we can begin bringing up some boxes, then dismantle the storage shelves where we currently live, and bring those along to store more. How do we collect so much stuff?!!
  • packed and unpacked about 8 boxes of kitchen stuff. Since the kitchen is finished I've been taking up two boxes of dishes, glasses, small appliances, etc just about every day. My sweet hubby has been immensely helpful in washing some of the grimy stuff before we put it away in its new home.
  • enjoyed lunch at my favorite Italian bakery with one of my former coworkers from SC. She now lives near us but we don't seem to get together enough!
  • ordered pulls for the kitchen cabinets. 
We have a large storage area in the basement. 
At some point in the future we may finish this room
and turn it into our 'theater' room!

Here's our newly painted bedroom. Oh, and
we now have doors!

The shower seemed to take forever! It looks nice,
but we don't like the dark cave feeling at the end by the seat.
We're thinking of getting a sola-tube to bring
more light into the shower.


    5 comments:

    1. That bathroom is beautiful. I've never lived in a modern home. I'm in the process of selling my mother's Spanish mansion built in 1930, and people are awed by the original pink and black tile in the bathroom. I don't know why. I like the newer tiles.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wow that's a lot of work, but it's going to be worth it! The bathroom looks amazing! love that tile.

      ReplyDelete
    3. The bathroom looks really nice. I sound like a broken record, but I gotta say it again...you've done a great job!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I've got to quit reading your "This week we" list! It's very bad for my slacker self!

      ReplyDelete
    5. you got all that done in a week? Wow! Looks great! I didn't know you taught Middle School too! I was a 7th grade inclusion teacher, mostly Science, but I had one SS class as well. Love kids at that age!

      ReplyDelete

    What thoughts do you have?

    I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

    Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...