Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 11: Wednesday What's It?

What's It?

 

 .

.
.

.

.

.

.

Need a hint?

This holds something.

.

.
.

.
.

.
.

.
It is attached to something a person might use with a horse.
I own one of these.

.

.
.

.

.

.

.


It has something to do with one of these:
 

.

.

.
.
.

.
It belongs on something I bought a few months ago... but haven't been able to use.
Haven't used it because I've been so busy and I really need to do a lot of ground work with my horse first.

It belongs on this:

This is my new-to-me Amish built road cart. 
Isn't it beautiful?

Oh, but what's it?

It's a whip holder. Technically the driver is always supposed to be holding the driving whip because the whip is used like your legs when you ride a horse, it's your communication tool. But, just in case this little old lady with arthritic hands driver gets tired, the whip holder provides a place to hold it within in easy reach for quick access.

Did you guess this one? I had never seen one until I got my first cart, so I think it was probably pretty obscure. If you figured it out, give yourself 100 points!

8 comments:

  1. I guessed only because I have many of them LOL. Very lovely cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea, of course. But the cart is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cart!! I am hoping one day I will be driving one of those! I hope to see some posts of you driving it???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have known that. No points for me. My first thought was a bottle opener (I'm thirsty right now). That's a beautiful cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cart! Lucky you! And I guessed wrong, too. I thought it was a flag holder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was a flag holder. Seemed perfect because of Memorial Day.lol!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's an awesome cart! I've always thought that looked like so much fun. Bet your horses will look beautiful pulling it.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

What is Four?

Have you ever thought of the meaning of "four"?  Four is the number of: seasons in a year. corners and sides to a square. virtues....