Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week 13: Wednesday What's It?

What's It?



This is challenging. 
I'm not sure that I'd even recognize it out of context! 
Do you know what it is already? 
Do you own one of these?
Better question, do you use it if you own it?

.

.

.

.

.

.


Need a hint? 


This is a gadget that is supposed to do whatever it does inside 
with the same end results as 
that which a bigger object does outside!

Now, wasn't that helpful?!!
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Although it looks like a wheel, it doesn't go 'round and 'round.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The Surgeon General would approve of this.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.


We bought it at a fair. 
It was being demonstrated.

No.... it isn't a spinning plate for a juggler!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A source of heat is required.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Some sort of liquid is required.

Nope... it's not a colander!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It smells good - well, the end result smells good!

.

.

.

.

.

.

Do you know what it is?

Are you tired of clues that haven't been all that helpful?

OK... here's the answer...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Photo courtesy of Google image results)



This is a smokeless indoor stove top grill!




Last year we went to a food festival in Denver. There were many booths from restaurants with yummy, tempting treats to sample. There were vendors selling everything from cream cheese spice mixes to trail hammocks. One vendor had a large crowd around his table. He was demonstrating the smokeless indoor grill. We stopped and watched. We tasted a piece of chicken. We debated about buying a grill... You know, it was one of those fair specials. The man was hawking his goods, "...  usually retails for $40, today, and today only, you can buy this marvelous grill for only $20. Step right up, pull out your cash..." We bought. I thought we might have "SUCKER" tattooed on our foreheads!


What a surprise. This was one of those purchases that we regretted, not because the grill is terrible, but, because  it's great and we didn't buy more for gifts!

We use the grill at least once a week. To use it you put a half-cup of liquid in the bottom tray's moat. We usually use water, but one could use juice, wine, beer, etc. Then, you preheat it over a medium burner on your stove. We've cooked beef, chicken, fish, barbecued pork, shrimp, and vege's on the grill. It does a great job with portabella mushrooms, too!

The top of the grill has a non-stick coating and the bottom is a fairly sturdy grade of stainless steel. (The grill pictured on this blog is not my grill... mine is at the other house). If you decide to purchase one, do be cautious as it appears that there are several manufacturers of these grills and some are not as sturdy or easy to clean as the one we lucked into.

We can't wait for the fair to come around again... guess what our family will find under their Christmas trees this year?!!

Do you have a smokeless indoor grill?
What is your favorite way of cooking?







5 comments:

  1. You crack me up with your "What's it?" posts. lol!

    Cool indoor grill, though.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a clue. It looks like a great idea, though, and I certainly wouldn't mind having one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's way cool! And even with all the clues, I didn't have a clue what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought...air purifier? food dehydrator? I never would have guessed. Good to know that is works well. I'll keep my eye open for one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea and a good price too. I want one!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...