- Had the bath counters installed and we set the sinks, after installing the faucets.
- Planted two shrubs and some flowers. Two of my favorites: Hopflower Oregano and Kentzley's Ghost honeysuckle. Then, we found another beautiful honeysuckle and a peony...yup, we had to buy them. They are waiting to be planted.
- Dipped the paint brushes in various colors to touch up walls, doors and baseboards.
- Put up three shelves in the master closet.
- Put back the switch covers on light switches and outlets as well as grills for air returns. I also reinstalled the blinds in the master bedroom and bath.
- Had our master bedroom carpet installed.
- Found 'way cool' mirrors for the Master Bath and put in some pendant lights.
- Sprayed weeds and pulled weeds...again!
- Took time off to play - woohoo! I got to ride in a carriage for a fun day, watch some eventing and play with my ponies - I forgot what it was like when we didn't work almost 24/7 on our 'project'!
- Installed the toilet...but I may have broken it. One of the bolts connecting the tank to the base was dripping. I tightened it... it made a bad sound. I've turned the water off and will probably take it apart this week to see what I can see! Oh well,
weI wanted a new toilet anyway!
- Met with the guy who will be redoing our exterior. The house has masonite siding which has begun to take on moisture and swell in some areas. Other areas are fine. But, the bid for residing just the bad parts of the house was just about the same as residing the entire house in cement type boards. We are having the gable ends sided with a cedar shake look. We are also putting in one large garage door instead of the two too small ones. The work will begin on the 21st of June.
- Decided that we would take on the job of painting the exterior of the house to cut back on the expense. My practical hubby figured out that we can do the bulk of the painting as the boards are on the ground - then just touch up nail marks, smudges, etc. So..... yikes! We have to decide on colors, and soon! I want to get some samples and try painting the gables with different options so we can stand back and look - I almost feel like soliciting 'votes' from folks driving by the house!
- Found a fantastic "color visualizer" program at Sherwin Williams. It allows you to upload a photo of your home, mask different areas and change the paint colors. So, below are some samples. Which one(s) do you like best? I put up a poll on the side bar. I would love it if you took a minute to give me your opinions!!
Sunday, June 12, 2011
The Project - Week 21: A Breath Away
This week we:
This is the house as it currently exists:
Here's the house in a putty color:
Here's a smokey blue version:
I call this one clay:
This is the green option:
Here is our finished bedroom:
And part of the finished bath.
Gypsy passed away peacefully with both of us Dreamers by her side, stroking her and telling her what a great girl she is. We had noticed th...
Despite my belief (certainly flawed) that I am invincible and irreplaceable, I find that alas, I am not. Despite my consistently taking pre...
Covid self-isolation has taught me a number of things: - I am an extroverted introvert. (Or am I and introverted extrovert?!) I am quite co...
I think I am fortunate that we aren't the type who go out to dinner often. Cooking every night is an everyday thing for me, so unlike...