Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hobby Horse Blog Hop - Week 14: Play Day


In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play. 
- Friedrich Nietzsche


You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Plato


“Play is the only way the highest intelligence of humankind can unfold.”
- Joseph Clinton Pearce


“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.”
- George Bernard Shaw


“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” 
Old Proverb

Hay, there! We'd like to come out and eat play.

So, let's play on....

Welcome to the Blog Hop. 
I hope you can join in the fun.


In case you are new... or as a reminder:

Each week I post at least one prompt.
Respond as you wish on your blog or in a comment.
Or, just link your blog to mine if you
care to share something else about yourself.

The part I like most is having blog hoppers
complete their blog posts (or comments) 
by asking a question of us.

I am really enjoying answering your questions,
and look forward to seeing other responses, too.
I think it's a great way to have a conversation of sorts!

Link your post to the Hobby Horse Blog Hop
by using the Linky Tool below.
Click where indicated, just after it says
"You are next...."
Or...
Leave a comment with your thoughts 
on my blog, down below.

Visit other participating blogs on the list
and respond to their questions in your comments on their pages.

Hobby Horse Blog Hop Prompts - Week 14:

1. Imagine that you are once again 8 years old. You have just received the best present, ever. (Ponies and pets are not included on the gift list!) What is it?

2. What kinds of toys do your animals enjoy playing with?

3. I know you have seen some sort of recreational activity on TV, or in real life, that you would just love to try. What is it?

Here are my answers:

1. 


2. You may remember that Tucker has a favorite un-stuffed animal. He does have some that are still 3-D, and a few latex squeaky toys. Here are pig.2 and duck.2. The original models lasted well over 6 months. For some reason he keeps these more or less in tact.



The horses have had a Jolly Ball. It has seen better days. But, since their paddock is on a hill and I have to retrieve this one from the neighbor's pasture on the downhill slope at least every other day, a new, round ball would be much more of a problem.



3. I want to try kite skiing, whether on water or on snow. Of course, I want to magically have the muscles and energy that I'd need to do this sport, so I could actually handle it and enjoy it! 



Link your blog to mine by clicking where it says, "Click here to enter", or scroll below that to leave your responses in the comment area.

5 comments:

  1. My bike was such an important gift. It not only offered "freedom" but also hours and hours of entertainment. BTW, I often pretended that the field through which I rode were the open land shown on all the TV Westerns.

    Currently, our pets like to play with each other rather than a toy. Romping and chasing through the house (and sometimes in the yard) is a favorite pasttime! I'm not an adventurous person, so I prefer to stick to terra firma rather than participate in an extreme sport.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing with my bike riding through the fields! I practiced posting and two-point over the bumpy parts.

      Delete
  2. Ooh! I can't wait to do this. . .but it will have to wait til tomorrow. I just got in from my flight and I am exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, done :)
    But I linked it wrong under the new Linky thing, I linked it back to your blog. And then for some reason, blogger won't let me link the hobby horse pic to this weeks hop. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Play is so important for both humans and animals....and so is eating (hehe Doc and Pippin know!)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...