Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hobby Horse Blog Hop 11: Teach Me!

Thank you for putting up with me last week. I was having a no good, terrible, very bad tech day. My iPad doesn't particularly care to do Blogger, and then the hotel computer was so, very, very sssssslowwwwww. I guess I've become spoiled with having a fairly new computer that does everything with enough speed that I don't usually have to drum my fingers, swivel around in my chair watching people as they tromp through the hotel lobby, file my finger nails, watch the traffic out in the street. Yeah... I have a tendency towards ADHD!
But, I'm home now. I've had a great week with my family, including the fuzzy children. I haven't ridden because my tail bone is still very sore. It does seem to be a bit better, but I don't want to push it. I've made the horses do some round pen work and I've lunged them on a slight hill to make them work a bit harder. 




Today I put some empty feed bags in the round pen - oh horrors! But, the boys finally got where they would stomp on them as they trotted around. 


So, welcome to the Blog Hop! It's time to find out more about each other.


I hope you can join in the fun.




In case you are new... or as a reminder:

Each week I'll post two or three prompts. 
Write about one or respond to all.
Or, just link your blog to mine if you
care to share something else about yourself.

Most importantly,
complete your blog post (or comment) by asking a question of us.

I am really enjoying answering your questions,
and look forward to seeing other responses, too.
I think it's a great way to have a conversation of sorts!

Link your post to the Hobby Horse Blog Hop
by using the Linky Tool below.
Click where indicated, just after it says
"You are next...."
Or...
Leave a comment with the answer(s) to the
questions(s) on my blog, down below.

Visit other participating blogs on the list
and respond to their questions in your comments on their pages.

Hobby Horse Blog Hop Prompts - Week 11:

1. Imagine that you are in an arena (or in some other training situation) and an instructor is talking to you. What is it that he/she reminds you to do?

2. Tell about an "Aha!" moment when it all came together and you felt absolutely, positively, button-bursting happy and proud.

3. What event or activity are you looking forward to?

My answers:

1. My instructors are always telling gently reminding me to put the back pockets of my jeans on the saddle and pull my belly button to my backbone! I tend to arch my back and thus I don't offer the horse any softness. 

2. My most recent 'Aha!' moment was at the winter clinic with Brent Winston. He helped me truly understand how to control Pippin with my body and seat. It is because of Brent that I can now ride Pippin on a looped rein and transition up or down in gait. I would never have thought I could do that. 

3. The sheep dog association is having another fun day soon. We'll be taking Tucker. I can't wait to see how he does with his second exposure to sheep. 

Since I have already asked you three questions, I won't ask another. But, I can't wait to read your responses and respond to your questions!

2 comments:

  1. You don't know *nothing* about tech problems until I relate mine. To save you from my trials & tribulations, I will report that our mutual friend Lisa has promised sending me USB drive with MS Office and the salvagable files from my old hard drive, both of which should arrive on Tuesday (5/8) or Wednesday (5/9). As impossible as it seems, I will have endured two weeks without the use of my laptop. BTW, relying on my Blackberry is the "pits"; however, it is better than being completely off-line!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions this week!!! I will get it posted as soon as possible. :D

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...