Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch: A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Patrice at Everyday Rurality is hosting another Chat on the Farmhouse Porch. She said we might want a sweater as it's a bit chilly there today. Same here. When the sun is out, it's just right. But, if one of those pesky clouds covers the sun, the wind makes it a bit chilly.

Patrice has a new twist on our chat today. This time she suggested we could use pictures to answer her questions. What a fun way to show you things around my house!

I thought I'd actually start by showing you my front porch. You are invited to come visit and sit with me any day!
My swing and my garden-to-be

A view to the right

Did you notice Tucker in the picture above?


Now do you see him?!
He wants to come out, too!

And now for our chat....

Patrice asks:

1. What do your everyday dishes look like?






2. What shoes are you likely to throw on in a pinch right now? 
"Go to" shoes, as in "Go to barn!"



3. What's the last gift you were given?



Nope, it's not about the car! My brother brought this to me this weekend. He had been telling me about this kookie doctor he went to who recommended an orbital car polisher to massage arthritic joints. My brother swears by it. So, after commenting about joint pain in my hand, this was my presented as my Birthday present in advance! I will have to say that I like it! The polisher gently massages and adds some heat and my hands do feel better after just a little usage.


4. The first face you saw this morning was ------
Tucker!


Mornin' Mom, let's go out! Please?! Hurry!

5. What cup or mug are you most likely to grab for your tea or coffee? 


Click on the link below to visit Patrice's blog and link to other 
Chat images.


13 comments:

  1. This was fun! You have cheery dishes and a very cute Tucker. Your porch looks friendly. Your palm sander looks-uh- like a palm sander. When you finish fixing your hand, could you come over and help me sand the butcher block counter in my kitchen?;) The mug has that friendly mug look. Some look so rigid and uninviting. This says fill me with tea and sit a spell. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful porch and your door is the same color as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your porch and Tucker peaking out! Photos are a great way to do a chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! Now, can I muster the energy to do my own post! LOL
    Hugs,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your porch! That is one of my requirements for my next house.I enjoyed the photo answers to the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute dog and I love your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dishes are so cheery, I love 'em. Nice porch, too. A little color on the door makes all the difference, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your answers & pictures. I did see Tuckers. He's handsome. I had never heard of the polisher as treatment before, but am glad it helps you! Great visit! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dishes are so pretty....but Mr. Tucker is adorable!!!! What a nice face to wake up to!!! HOPE you have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to get to know each other. Tucker is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I'd love to come and sit on your lovely porch with ya. I have to say though...I'd let Tucker out for sure!!!

    God bless ya sweetie and have a remarkable day!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't sit on my porch right now as it is p-o-u-r-i-n-g rain (as it has been since about 3 p.m EDT); however, I sooooo love a porch. I notice that your porch is not screened, which is a necessity here in SC Lowcountry. Add ceiling fans and one can spend the entire summer on the porch (as do I). With yellow being my favorite color, I *love* your dishes!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tucker is too cute :o) I love puppy love...Have a great week

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...