Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

Hooray! We were invited to Patrice's to have a Chat on her Farmhouse Porch. Last week I thought I may have done something wrong and that Patrice didn't want me to come chat, but then, Wendell came by to let us know she wasn't feeling up to it.


Thanks for letting us know, Wendell.
I'm glad she's feeling better!

So, on with the chat. This week Patrice asks us:

1. What are you doing over Memorial Day Weekend?
Hubby and I are volunteering at a sheepdog trial. It will be fun to watch the dogs working sheep. Then we can dream... one day, maybe Tucker will be doing that!

2. What's the last 'old movie' you saw?
Well, we saw "Buck" last week. It's been just over a year since that movie came out. Does that count as "old"? Oh... older? Well, I guess I'd have to say "Pretty Woman". They've been showing it on TV a lot.

3. What color are the walls in your living room.


Can you tell from the picture?

A lot of folks might say the walls are 'boring beige', but I love the color. It changes with the light. At some times the walls are a warm, light brown, at other times they look almost white.

4. What's your favorite food to cook on the grill?
I love cooking beer-can-in-the-butt chicken. I have a special holder that holds the can and keeps the chicken from toppling over. It smells great while it is cooking and it is always moist and tender.
However, my favorite food to eat that's been cooked on the grill is a good hamburger!

5. What's your favorite animal?
That's a tough one. I love all animals. I especially love baby animals - they will always evoke an 'awww' from me!

Visit Everyday Rurality for more responses to the chat.
You can also respond to Patrice's questions as a comment on my blogl
I hope you all have a wonderful week!





6 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I would love to go to a sheepdog trial! I hope you take pictures & tell us about it!
    Maisie my Sheltie of 16 years had a lineage of show & herding. Her grandfather was a Canadian champion at sheepdog trials. She would have been good, but just had our cats to herd. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby animals...Awwww! :) My Tucker got a laugh out of your sheep herding comment. LOL The paint in our family room changes with the light too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I would love to go to the sheepdog trials! One day... Hubby and D3 watch Buck often. I like the living room color. It's gentle. Yes to a burger on the grill. I love baby animals and baby people too. I was making faces at a baby bay in the store the other day. The little baby was giggling and so cute. Mama turned around and gave me a look that would put me 6 feet under. Oh, well. The baby liked me! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing like grilled burgers! All of this talk of food has made me hungry. Shame on y'all! Have an awesome weekend!


    It's All Downhill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to go to sheepdog trials too. I had a dog, named Princess, who was a border collie/black lab mix and she would always herd the rest of our dogs, she even found one of them when he was lost in the mountains here and we had no idea where he went. She was one exceptional dog without any input from us, she did it all by herself. I would have loved to see her herd a flock of sheep. Take pictures, please.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...