Here is a sampling. Each represents a 'first' for me, even though they weren't all blue! Most of my equine competition centered around Pony Club Rallies, which are like mini three-day events with dressage, cross-country and stadium jumping. One long day - one ribbon - if you were
These represent, from left to right:
Respond as you wish.
- riding lesson
- 'home cooked' meal
- speeding ticket
- ???? You decide! Anything goes!
- JOB: I worked at a sporting goods shop while I was in High School. I rarely took home a paycheck as I could buy anything, special order items included, and get a 25% discount! I was hired because the shop had a small horseback riding section with some boots and clothes and a few horse items. I was considered to be an 'expert' in horse equipment. Many of the horse items found a home in my tack trunk!
- SADDLE: I bought a used English saddle with a broken tree for $10. My barrel horse never seemed to have an issue with the broken tree!
- PET: This is my mother, me, and the first Tucker! His full name was 'Friar Tuck of Windy Pines'. He was the first of many Golden Retrievers in my life.
- HOUSE: When we were very young (Do you remember a book by that title? If so, you are probably as old as I am!!) we were very poor and we built a very plain, small house in the middle of a big wood! We lived in the house for 30 years. We built additions, we changed it here and there. But, it was always our 'first' house. We sold the house in 2010. I miss the house and all of those memories it held. But, I LOVE my home in Colorado and I love my life.
- HORSE: I was lucky to find a friend who had some extra horses. I rode 'Two Bits' and 'Bobby' in many Pony Club events. The time came when my friend's horses couldn't do what I needed. My parents agreed that if I bought the horse, they would see that his monthly bills were taken care of. Such a deal! Can I do that again, Dad?!! My first horse was a sweet gray that I renamed 'Wynsocky'. I wrote a post about 'Socky' here.
- FIRST POST: Well, OK, I first learned about blogging via the movie, "Julie and Julia" but I didn't figure that 'real' people blogged. Then, I met 'Once Upon an Equine' and began reading her blog. I loved her humor and I enjoyed the idea of being 'published'. Pippin wrote my first post on Feb. 25, 2010. His post was called: Pippin's Pondering. I made his post a separate page later on so folks could learn a bit more about Pippin - Doc has one, too!