Here is a sampling. Each represents a 'first' for me, even though they weren't all blue! Most of my equine competition centered around Pony Club Rallies, which are like mini three-day events with dressage, cross-country and stadium jumping. One long day - one ribbon - if you were
These represent, from left to right:
First indoor horse show on some show circuit
First "First" with Apple (my second horse)
First (and only) show I organized - a fund raiser for my school
First show requiring overnight stay
First "First" in a Pony Club Rally
First ribbon earned in a PC Rally
Welcome to the Blog Hop.
This week it will be fun to share 'firsts'!
I hope you can join in the fun.
In case you are new... or as a reminder:
Each week I post at least one prompt.
Respond as you wish.
Respond as you wish.
Or, just link your blog to mine if you
care to share something else about yourself.
complete your blog post (or comment) by asking a question of us.
I am really enjoying answering your questions,
and look forward to seeing other responses, too.
I think it's a great way to have a conversation of sorts!
Link your post to the Hobby Horse Blog Hop
by using the Linky Tool below.
Click where indicated, just after it says
"You are next...."
Leave a comment with the answer(s) to the
questions(s) on my blog, down below.
Visit other participating blogs on the list
and respond to their questions in your comments on their pages.
Hobby Horse Blog Hop Prompts - Week 12:
This week I'm simply going to ask that you tell us about some of your 'firsts'. You might consider telling us about your first:
- riding lesson
- 'home cooked' meal
- speeding ticket
- ???? You decide! Anything goes!
I'd love to hear (and see) your first blog post. Who, or what, got you started in blogging? When was your first post? If you care to, link to it for us!
Here are a few 'firsts' that stand out in my mind:
- JOB: I worked at a sporting goods shop while I was in High School. I rarely took home a paycheck as I could buy anything, special order items included, and get a 25% discount! I was hired because the shop had a small horseback riding section with some boots and clothes and a few horse items. I was considered to be an 'expert' in horse equipment. Many of the horse items found a home in my tack trunk!
- SADDLE: I bought a used English saddle with a broken tree for $10. My barrel horse never seemed to have an issue with the broken tree!
- PET: This is my mother, me, and the first Tucker! His full name was 'Friar Tuck of Windy Pines'. He was the first of many Golden Retrievers in my life.
- HOUSE: When we were very young (Do you remember a book by that title? If so, you are probably as old as I am!!) we were very poor and we built a very plain, small house in the middle of a big wood! We lived in the house for 30 years. We built additions, we changed it here and there. But, it was always our 'first' house. We sold the house in 2010. I miss the house and all of those memories it held. But, I LOVE my home in Colorado and I love my life.
- HORSE: I was lucky to find a friend who had some extra horses. I rode 'Two Bits' and 'Bobby' in many Pony Club events. The time came when my friend's horses couldn't do what I needed. My parents agreed that if I bought the horse, they would see that his monthly bills were taken care of. Such a deal! Can I do that again, Dad?!! My first horse was a sweet gray that I renamed 'Wynsocky'. I wrote a post about 'Socky' here.
- FIRST POST: Well, OK, I first learned about blogging via the movie, "Julie and Julia" but I didn't figure that 'real' people blogged. Then, I met 'Once Upon an Equine' and began reading her blog. I loved her humor and I enjoyed the idea of being 'published'. Pippin wrote my first post on Feb. 25, 2010. His post was called: Pippin's Pondering. I made his post a separate page later on so folks could learn a bit more about Pippin - Doc has one, too!
So, now it's your turn. What are some of your firsts?