Patrice has some questions to get our conversations going. Feel free to join in the chat, either as comments on my post or on your own blog.
- Do you exercise?
- What's your favorite type of party or get together?
- What's your favorite kind of melon?
- Do you ever go to a farmers' market?
- Would you prefer a series of day trips, or a week's vacation?
1. I'd like to be able to say, "Oh, yes, I take Tucker for walks all of the time." But the truth is, I've taken Tucker for a walk only three times in the last 8-10 days. I guess it's my "summer resolution"! But it hasn't become a hard a fast routine yet. I need to exercise. Since the horses have gone I have gained at least 10 pounds. I'm not kidding! So, like Patrice, up until now my exercise was doing things around the yard - gardening and horse care. Now that's not enough. We also pulled the bikes out of the deep depths of the garage and hope to begin riding them again. We have an incredible system of trails nearby, and can walk and ride for miles. I will say that Tucker's loving it! I wish some of you were nearby and could join us! That would make the walks so much more fun.
3. My favorite kind of melon is a cantaloupe. I don't care for honeydews or watermelon. It's very strange, but I used to be allergic to cantaloupe. My mouth and throat would itch and swell - but I would still eat a bit, now and then. Now I no longer have that reaction. I had some other food allergies that have gone away as well. Hooray! Do you have any food allergies?
4. Now that we live close to town we go to the Farmer's Market almost every Sunday. This week, for the first time, we took Tucker with us. I think he suffered sensory overload! He loved seeing everything. His head was swiveling left and right - so much to see; so much to smell; so many pats from people! We found a vendor who makes the most delicious jams with honey. We had to go back and buy another jar this Sunday. What about you? What's your favorite thing to buy at a Farmer's Market?
5. Patrice asks if we prefer a series of day trips or a week's vacation. Awww, Patrice, can't I do both?! I am generally a homebody, and having the horses underscored the need to be home. I like the concept of traveling, but usually within a day or so, I'm wishing I was home. I really need to take more day trips around here. We are within a reasonable drive of beautiful mountain parks - and we just haven't gone. So, I guess I'll say that day trips are favored over longer stays.
We just got our camper out of storage. We haven't used it in over 3 years. We will be heading out, and of course, I'll be blogging about it. Hey, with the camper I will be able to do both! I'll be on a vacation, and we can take day trips from the home base of the camper!! I can have my cake, and eat it too. No, wait... no cake. Not until I've lost some weight!
Thanks for coming by the porch. You can visit others who are chatting by going to Everyday Rurality.
How would you respond to Patrice's questions?