Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rally Round the .... Country

(This month I will be participating in the A to Z Blogger Challenge. Each day my post will be inspired by successive letters of the alphabet.  My A to Z Blog Challenge topics are inspired by our recent 90-day trip on our motorhome. Click here to see links to other responses to this challenge.)

R is for Rally
rally 1 |ˈralē|verb ( rallies, rallying, rallied no obj. ](of troops) come together again in order to continuefighting after a defeat or dispersion: De Montfort's troops rallied and drove back the king's infantry.• with obj. ] bring together (forces) again in order to continue fighting: the king escaped to Perth to rally his own forces.• assemble in a mass meeting: up to 50,000 people rallied in the city center.
We are members of a several different camping groups. The groups often camp together for a "rally". At the rallies the participants may eat, drink and play games, or visit local sites, take in a movie or attend a seminar or two. We participated in two rallies while we were on our trip. We 'crashed' a rally in Florida. I found out that a Tiffin owner's group was meeting in Tampa when we planned to be there in January. After contacting the group's Secretary we were invited to join them.  It was fun to meet new friends. 
We also rallied with our local owner's group in Casa Grande, AZ. Several of our members stay there for several months during the winter, so we kicked off the camping season by meeting there.  We were able to stop in Arizona on our way back home and join in the fun with 9 other motorhomes. We had a fabulous time catching up with old friends.
Some rallies are small. Others, like the one we will attend this spring are not.  We are going to the 50th anniversary celebration for the Family Motor Coach Association in Gillette, WY. They tell me that they have over 1900 units signed up for the rally, and estimate that it could grow close to 2500. Wow! That's a lot of campers!





1 comment:

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...