Happy Valentine's Day
You can join the chat, too. You can respond to the questions on your own blog, and link to Everyday Rurality, or you can respond to some or all of the questions in a comment.
- Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day?
- When you attend something that isn't totally casual, are you likely to wear dress pants or a dress?
- Do you use a regular toothbrush or one of the battery run kind?
- Did you have valentines in school when you were a child?
- If you could learn a new craft tomorrow, what would it be?
Here are my responses:
1. Do you think having the chassis of our motorhome serviced counts as something 'special'? We will be "homeless" for the day and have to entertain the dogs and ourselves. Maybe, if the weather is nice, we can find a dog park so Tucker and Gypsy can play. I do love the motorhome - so I guess maybe it is a nice thing to do on Valentine's Day!
2. I am more likely to wear pants, but I have been dying to share pictures of this crazy dress I found at the Jockey Store Outlet.... for all of $6.99.
The dress came with 4 black straps with snaps that can be used to gather the sleeves together. It also has a long black scarf that can be criss crossed over the top, worn as a shrug, a belt or draped over the shoulders. The length can be adjusted with snaps, too. I bought the dress, which came with an instruction sheet showing 12 different ways to wear the dress, but have never worn it. I must confess, it doesn't look nearly as nice on me as it does on the model in the picture!
3. My dentist recommended that I use an Ultrasonic Toothbrush. I alternate between using that and a handheld, old fashioned model.
4. One of my fond memories of elementary school was making Valentine boxes for the Valentine Day Party. I think I enjoyed the process and anticipation far more than actually getting valentines.
5. I would love to learn how to paint - either with acrylics or water color. Some day I just may take some lessons.