Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch - View From the RV

Since we are 'stuck' at a campground, I thought I'd show you my "front porch"... and join Patrice's chat, while we wait for the mechanic to install the hydraulic pump control module that dictates what our slide outs and jacks will or won't do. I'm a few days late for the chat on the farmhouse porch, but that is the nice thing about cyberchats - one can participate at any point in time!


This week Patrice asks:

  1. What's your favorite fruit?
  2. Wendell would like to know if you've ever been horseback riding.
  3. Do you carry a small purse, a big one, or just a wallet?
  4. If you could travel to one state for a day (all expense paid), where would you go? If you're not in the US, where would you like to travel within your country?
  5. What was your first car?


My answers:

1. Is a caramel candy considered a fruit? No? Oh, too bad! Then I guess I'd have to say that my favorite fruit.... if I'm eating it all by itself, is a nice juicy pear. If it is cooked in something - I'll take just about anything that is red!

2. Wendell knows that answer to that one! Yes, I began taking riding lessons when I was around 11.

3. I usually carry just my wallet. I don't care to lug anything around. If I do need to carry a purse, it is generally quite small.

4. Hawaii. I can feel the soft, warm breezes right now!

5. I 'inherited' my sister's '68 VW bug. I loved it, despite its advanced mileage. A few years later my grandmother gave me her VW, same vintage, but it only had about 6,000 miles on it. I sold my bug to a guy I was dating... he who now sleeps with me every night ;-)  The VW from my grandmother lived up to its color - it was a lemon. I had nothing but trouble with it, basically because the car had so few miles on it various parts had begun to dry out and crack over time.

How would you answer the questions Patrice has asked? You can join the chat from your own blog, or leave your answers in comments here, or at Patrice's site:


Everyday Ruralty

4 comments:

  1. Perfect chat questions for you. From dating in a VW bug to roaming the roads in a ginormous RV...you and Mr. Dreamy are an adventurous pair. I bet you never get tired of the view from your mobile front porch.

    I'll take a stab at the questions:

    1. What's your favorite fruit?
    A. An avocado. It's a fruit, right? If not, then a banana.

    2. Wendell would like to know if you've ever been horseback riding.
    A. Yep! Love it! Last Saturday was my most recent ride. I wanna go this Saturday too.

    3. Do you carry a small purse, a big one, or just a wallet?
    A. A big purse. My right shoulder is actually more built up than my left shoulder, from carrying the thing around. I need to switch off shoulders.

    4. If you could travel to one state for a day (all expense paid), where would you go?
    A. Hmmm? Thinking...thinking...California! To have lunch with friends and family in southern California and dinner with family in northern California.

    5. What was your first car?
    A. A 1976 Toyota Celica in that burnt orange color. I loved it, but it got totaled before its first birthday. :-( Not my fault.


    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are stuck in a beautiful place, Dreaming!
    1. Apple
    2. Yes, I've had quite the adventures with horseback riding!
    3. Big purse; and when teaching, I lugged a luggage carrier to and from school!
    4. Hawaii, hands down!
    5. The only car I ever owned myself, alone, was a 1980 dark brown International Scout. I cried the day I had to sell it ~ but fortunately it was to a Scout aficionado!
    I hope that you aren't waiting for the mechanic too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'v e had some great pears lately. Hawaii sounds wonderful! So Granny sold you a lemon. Wow! You can't trust anyone anymore. :P lol Hope you get your repairs done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's your favorite fruit? Raspberries
    Wendell would like to know if you've ever been horseback riding. Oh yes..but not for about 20 years.
    Do you carry a small purse, a big one, or just a wallet? Just a wallet that I can stick in my pocket.
    If you could travel to one state for a day (all expense paid), where would you go? If you're not in the US, where would you like to travel within your country? Hawaii
    What was your first car? Ford Falcon a 1960 I think..terrible car:(

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...