and I can open posts with pictures...
Here are this week's questions:
- What is your favorite time of day to read? If you don't enjoy reading, then what is your favorite time to watch TV/movies?
- Did you watch the Super Bowl? If so, what was your favorite commercial? If you didn't watch it, what did you do Sunday night?
- Have you been watching Downton Abbey?Who's your favorite character? If not, have you seen any interesting TV or movies series lately?
- Do you enjoy home parties for selling items? (like Pampered Chef, Southern Living, Mary Kay)
- Please finish this sentence. If I work very hard, I can__________________.
Here are my answers:
1. I enjoy reading at any time during the day when I don't feel like I should really be doing something else. As I have aged I have found that I have a harder time keeping my nose buried in the book. I find my mind wandering and thinking of distractions... usually things that need doing. Generally I will read in the evening if TV doesn't interest me and very often for a few minutes in bed before falling asleep.
2. I am not much of a football fan, but I did watch the game and I enjoyed it. Since my son lives in SF I was really hoping that the 49ers would pull it off. As far as the ads go, hands down my favorite was the Clydesdale ad, followed by the ad for the RAM which celebrated our farmers.
3. My son introduced me to Downton Abbey when he was visiting at Christmas. We watched 5 or 6 shows from the first season. I did enjoy them, but haven't watched any since. I am tickled that my son and his wife consider this one of their favorite shows. If I had to pick a favorite character I'd pick Violet. She reminds me of my MIL!
4. I do enjoy participating in home sale parties.... but I usually feel that I must buy something. I have a few things in my cabinets that I never use because of that. I have hosted a few parties, but prefer not to, because then I feel that my friends will feel pressured to buy. Although I often like the products offered for sale, I feel that the prices are a bit steep.
5. If I work very hard I can..... lose some weight and get in shape! Here's hoping (she says as she sips a beer and eats more potato chips!)
Visit Everyday Rurality to see other responses to the questions by clicking on the link below. You can play along, too, but responding in a comment or, if you have a blog, by putting up a post with your own answers and linking them to Patrice's page.