Friday, November 18, 2011

Impasse

Pippin and Doc can access their stalls from the run-in shed. Generally when I begin rustling in the hay (I said rustling, not wrestling!) they trot into their respective stalls from the back and I am greeted by two eager faces peering over the fench doors at the front. Except for last night....


Pippin, move your lard butt
I can't get into my stall.
I can't move.
I seem to be stuck.
Well, back up. 
No, you back up.
I was here first!


Their predicament, which they solved with a little bit of force (is there any other way? Oh, and all was OK; horses and the door) reminded me of Winnie the Pooh:

Winnie the Pooh: [tries to climb out the front door of Rabbit's house but is stuck] Oh, oh, help and bother! I'm stuck. 
Rabbit: Oh, dear. Oh, gracious. Oh. Well, it all comes from eating too much. 
Winnie the Pooh: It all comes from not having front doors big enough! 

11 comments:

  1. I guess backing up for both of them would have been too easy, silly boyz! Love your cloud photos in the post below.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Haffies! Only Doc and Pippin would get stuck in a door way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those funny boys. Maybe they need oval stall doors instead of rectangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my that would've been a kodak moment for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stuck in the middle (without you), stuck in an elevator, stuck up a tree, stuck up, etc. --- yes!!! Stuck in a doorway ---- hummmm????

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That gave me a chuckle. Don't you love Pooh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! You gotta learn to carry your camera all the time just to capture moments like THOSE!!!!

    When I walk Rosie through door ways, isle ways, etc - I eye her beautiful big butt and think "hmm... will she fit?" Or "how wide do I have to swing her around to hit the opening on a straight line?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol! Winnie the Pooh is right. Have you ever read The Tao of Pooh?

    I love the drawing. Too funny!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...