Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sweet Memories

My very good friend unexpectedly lost her mare today to a twisted large colon. Tears course down my face. How hard to lose a gentle friend. How heart wrenching to have that emptiness. Her horse lived her name, "Sweets". She was as generous a horse as there can be, taking many a rider safely on the trails and around the arena. 
Sweets, you will be missed by many.


Riding Sweets on the trail before I got my boys.

Somewhere in time’s own space,
there must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow,
some paradise where the horses go:
For, by the love that guides my pen,
I know great horses live again.

6 comments:

  1. How very sad - sending best wishes to you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful & kind soul. Hope your haffies help you heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your friends loss. It is so very hard to lose one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry. What a nice tribute in your post and beautiful sentiment under the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO sorry for your friend.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...