Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tap, Tap, Tapping

Once upon a midnight dreary an early morn, while I pondered weak and weary and wished to be snorin',
Over many a Dreaming of a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door window below.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door window below -
Only this, and nothing more.'






Did you find our visitor in each picture? Our visitor is a very silly Robin. (Sorry about the quality of the shots - it's the best I could do without glasses and it seems that my poor camera had some difficulty with this thing flitting in and out and the subject just wouldn't sit still so I could get his picture nicely framed and...and...!)

This is the third morning that Robin Quixote has fought the mighty bird in the window.

Oh, and yes, that white stuff is snow. We had a dusting of it last night. Hooray... a bit of moisture!

6 comments:

  1. its so funny when they do that, and kind of sad too. Mom and Dad have a basement window that's at ground level and a couple years ago a wild turkey spent almost a week there in front of it having a territorial dispute with the intruder he saw in the window. It really was quite hilarious...and after a while quite annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gives me hope when I see the Robins return. I hope your visitor finds some real Robins to play with soon. The more the merrier....and maybe warmer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robins really do make us happy after a long winter. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a robin visit for a few days, and then move on. It's the first time we've ever had a robin here. However, we have lots of flickers who drill our house, making as much noise as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. His brother is at our house!!! Our truck windshield is his #1 enemy. After each attack he rests on the mirror dropping his deposits everywhere but on the ground! His lovely wife is nesting nearby in a roofed bird feeder. Looks like I won't be permitted to work in that section of garden anytime soon. The nest isn't far from our front path, I may be forced to use the back door for a while when the younguns hatch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One time a robin kept pecking on our neighbors car. After a couple of days of it, the neighbor moved his car in the garage. The robin kept going to the garage windows and pecking on the windows! I think he was in love with that car. So funny.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...