As I write that, a Daft Punk song comes to mind (OK, not my usual music... but baby son introduced me to it!) I had to share this creative video (oh, and yeah, what I wouldn't give to have either one of those bodies!) The intro is boring, as far as a visual goes, but it's clever once the song gets going!
If you prefer to see a male hunk version...click here!
This week we:
- Tiled the tub deck and half of the tub front. I sealed the tile, so we can now connect the tub's plumbing and finally finish the front and the back splash.
- Began to focus on the shower. We received the shower column. This has spray nozzles, a hand held shower and a 'rain head'. The unique thing about this set-up is that we can have all of the nifty features of an upscale shower without having to plumb each water source. I also put in the bottom row of tiles. Now I can build on those as we continue to tile. We bought the shower doors and discovered that we needed to extend a wall in order to install them correctly. The previous doors were Jerry-rigged and we decided not to follow the previous installers lousy solution.
- Picked out our granite slabs for the kitchen. The granite has been fabricated and will be installed at the end of the month.
- Picked out the tile we are going to use as the back splash in the kitchen and more-or-less settled on the pattern we intend to use.
- Returned our extra lumber to Lumber Liquidators. Since it has been over 30 days we can only get store credit. So, exactly how long will $287 in floor cleaner last???
- Went to the draft horse auction. We didn't buy a draft horse! We didn't buy a cart! We did leave with 3 bird houses and some 'Christmas Crap' that I successfully bid on.... One large carton for $15.00!!
- Bought two more trees...arrghhh!! One of the 'big box' stores had evergreens at an irresistible price.
- Leveled the knee wall in the kitchen so the granite will 'fit'.
Tile in progress - it should be finished next week after we connect the tub to the plumbing.