- Tucker decided to 'plant' his bone in the middle of a tulip patch in the back yard. :-( As spring comes to our area we are finding small treasures in the yard, hardy plants that have survived several years of neglect.
- I began to tile the tub surround. We visited a discount tile center and found travertine tile that we both liked. The tub and shower will be in a walnut color. The floor will be lighter.
- My hubby finished cutting and installing the sub-flooring that will be under the kitchen cabinets
- I painted the 'chocolate wall' in the master bath.
- We began installing the wood floor. We selected a hand-scraped warm oak. We were concerned about going with too dark a color since our house has porch overhangs. Our biggest challenge is making sure that the wood in the living room and the wood in the eat-in area of the kitchen come together around the fireplace along the same line. Planning and laying out the flooring has taken us hours!
- We replaced ceiling light fixtures on the main floor where lights were removed during sheet rock repair.
- We got a sneak preview of our cabinets as they sent a cabinet door that wasn't ready for shipment with the rest of the order. The entire order will be delivered Tuesday evening.
- We made the mistake of stopping by a nearby nursery. We bought two trees that were 75% off! We now are the proud owners of a weeping larch and a red bud that will have white blossoms.