This week we:
- used some sort of gray goopy stuff to seal the joints on all of the duct work I could reach. The original installer used duct tape. Sounds like a reasonable 'fix' but duct tape shouldn't be used on ducts! It dries out and allows air to escape. (Some times we think that Holmes is making comments over our shoulder as we find poor construction in the house!)
- paid a bunch of $$$ to the plumber to get the pipes ready to hook up our shower and tub.
- watched guys hang, mud and tape the sheet rock. We now have a ceiling in the living room and walls and ceiling down in the basement. The place looks quite a bit different!
- finished the half bath - it now has the appropriate equipment and a door, and can be used! We can actually wash our hands without running down to the laundry sink in the basement.
- painted the dining room - just a bit of trim left to go
- Strung wire from nails in the barn to discourage pigeons from roosting and nesting there. One mama kept coming back, so we hung up our plastic owl - knock on wood....haven't seen her again.
- Watered trees and shrubs - sounds silly to put on a list, but I don't think those poor things have been watered in years!