- Goofus grabs huge hunks of hay, then tries to take more from Gallant.
- Gallant chews his hay slowly and only gets mildly annoyed by Goofus' thievery.
- Goofus pushes the stall door open and escapes into the barn if given the opportunity.
- Gallant stands patiently in his stall, door open, while his owner brings in hay or water.
- Goofus upsets the grooming bucket and mouths each tool.
- Gallant stands for grooming, even if not tied.
- Goofus paws with impatience and has been known to stamp his size 2 hoof to add an explanation point to his statement.
- Gallant cocks one hip and waits ever so patiently.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Retro Post: Goofus and Gallant
This is proving to be a very busy week. My family is in town to celebrate. We are raising a glass to my Dad and to his new 'girl'. Last night he gave her a commitment ring! We are also celebrating Dad's 90th Birthday. We all thought it was mighty cute to commit to a gal when one is 90 years young!
With trips to the airport and meals out and the usual running around I haven't had time to write a new post. So I offer an oldie but a goodie. Those of you who have become loyal readers may be able to sort out which of my boys is Goofus and which is Gallant!
Remember these? Highlights Magazines were the only thing that made going to the dentist at all bearable when I was younger! (Hmmm, maybe if my new dentist had Highlights I wouldn't mind the implant as much!) Well, heck, I still like the hidden picture puzzles!
In thinking about my boys I've realized that they should have been named Goofus and Gallant, for they truly epitomize the characters:
Can you tell Goofus and Gallant apart?
Stepping back in time a bit.... I flew into Denver to pick up my car, visit with my dad and then get a few odds and ends taken care of. Th...
I was about 10. I had discovered the secret door to the attic and the mother lode of Christmas gifts hidden within. As I recall, I spent a f...
I've written a few posts about my new addiction to Singer Featherweight sewing machines. My first was an eBay acquisition , and the seco...
We visited the Pride Mountain Vineyard, which sits at an elevation of 2000 feet straddling Napa and Sonoma counties at the summit of a mount...