Thursday was a sew day for a group of my friends. I found a project I began 3 or 4 years ago, or 5 or 6 years ago... to take with me.
I decided that since it was just plain sewing, no fancy stitches needed, I'd take one of my featherweights. I haven't used the white one in...well, I can't even remember when I last used it! The white one is named "Flower". That wasn't always her name!
I grabbed my WD-40, oil and a bunch of Q-tips. The only thing I was missing was the grease that is used in the motor and in the gears. It's on order now!
It is always gratifying to work on the machine and be able to hear a difference. When I was working on the head of the machine, I had the machine running as I sprayed in the WD-40. The sound changed dramatically, and I could almost feel that the motor didn't have to work as hard. After the WD-40 bath I oiled everything. Flower purred!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What thoughts do you have?