Saturday evening we went to see an Aerosmith tribute band perform at a community center near us. Most of the Aerosmith songs are too "hard" for me, as in Hard Rock. But there are a few I enjoy. The band was very good, but much too loud.....and that's not just my advanced age complaining! I finally went outside and enjoyed the music from there. I could actually hear the singer's words more clearly outside than inside! I chatted with a few other folks out there...and they didn't even want to go back inside the building because of the overpowering sound. We left within the first hour.
Pandora's Box Tribute Band
Steven Tyler
The Pandora's box Steven certainly had the look and the moves. The real Steven Tyler fractured his larynx in a concert in 2023 and no longer sings.
We have had waves of thunderstorms throughout the day and evening. Just about every time either one of us stepped outside to accomplish some task or another...it would begin to rain. During the night, I was awakened several times hearing the rumble of thunder. I am not complaining!!
Saturday I fixed my $9.99 lamp! I bought the lamp a few years ago and really like it. At some point it was pulled to the floor and the fitting where the bulb connects was broken; the cleaning gal and the Mister both take credit for the damage! I ordered new pieces and installed them. I'm feeling accomplished!
I have only two more journal covers to complete for the leaders of our caravan group. They are embroidered and are ready to be stitched. A job for tomorrow!
Aerosmith isn't up my alley, either. I listened to The Band from outside a small venue when I was a teenager. We didn't have tickets but found we actually didn't need them. Congrats on fixing the lamp.
ReplyDeleteI'd have been outside with y'all! I had heard something tragic had happened to Stephen Tyler but didn't know what. I'm a retired nurse and didn't know it was even possible to fracture a larynx.
ReplyDeleteWell done on fixing that lovely lamp!
Hugs!
thecontemplativecat here. I read that Steven Tyler is a great grandfather. Love the lamp.
ReplyDelete