7:00AM: The Mister was in a room in the ER at the main hospital. He was transported, arriving sometime before midnight and was taken into an exam room in the ER. His IV was disconnected as the antibiotics he was receiving were finished. And, there he lay. All night.
8:30 AM: The Mister was still in the ER exam room. He had seen no doctors. He had received no food and he had difficulty getting a simple glass of water.
10:30 AM: I was on my way to see the Mister, carrying the pjs he requested and his toiletries. I planned to stop and pick up a sandwich and bottled water (I had just dropped the Corgis off at the groomer). As I stopped to pick up some food, the Mister called. He had finally been given a ham sandwich and juice. I continued on my way and visited for a bit, but had to head back toward home to collect the dogs and meet the tree trimmers.
2:45 PM: A team of doctors stopped in to review the situation with the Mister. They had no light to shed on the why of his pneumonia. He may be released tomorrow. He is still in the ER room, but they did change him to the only one with a restroom...he got a chuckle out of the fact that he is in the OB/GYN ER room - of course it has a bathroom; what pregnant lady doesn't need to use the bathroom often!
5:30 PM: The Mister has been moved to a room - hooray! A meal has been delivered to him for dinner. Another "Hooray!" He ranks the food as 10 out of 10! Another good thing.
630 PM: I visited with the Mister. We chit chatted. It was close to dusk when I left to head home, have a bite to eat, watch TV (my kinda shows!) and head to bed.
It's a bit frustrating for both of us. This is the 2nd time he's not felt well, gone to the ER only to be gobsmacked with the news that he has pneumonia. Each time he's been admitted so that he could get meds and be monitored. From the patient (and his wife's) view it seems more like he's simply stuck in a room with an uncomfortable bed, with only hospital hubbub coming into the room, and rarely a care giver. I like to think that there is a lot more "monitoring" going on than one is aware of!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What thoughts do you have?