Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Rainy Day Monday

 


I was able to get an appointment promptly Monday morning with a nurse practitioner at my PCP's office. Jeri confirmed my suspicions, saying, "When you know, you know!", and she's right! For me, that feeling I get with a UTI is unmistakeable, but I know some folks don't experience that. 

Jeri was quick to pick up on the type of antibiotics I might need, as I've head that once you have C-diff, you are more susceptible to a reoccurrence if/when you have antibiotics that impact the balance of good/bad bacteria in your intestines. She also cautioned that I get some good probiotics and eat yogurt. Check. Check. I am sipping my breakfast smoothie as I type! 

We have had some sun....but lately it has been grey and rainy. We can sure use it...but I think folks are getting a little testy! The plants are loving it! 


We received our tax bill for our property in NC. One of the line items was a $ 55 trash management fee. We have a vacant lot. We don't live on it, and we have no trash. I talked with the tax office. She commented, "I don't know why they did that!" As a result, we no longer have to pay that piece of the tax bill. 

I have been less than inspired when it comes to making dinner. I'm in a cooking rut. It might be the heat, it might be that I get so wrapped up with what I'm doing that suddenly it is past 5 pm and I have my head in the fridge trying to figure out what I can make for supper (besides reservations!) Maybe if I look through some magazines/web sites and get some inspiration for dinner on some days coming up, and have time to gather the ingredients I can make something new and yummy. Sounds like a plan, right?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

Rainy Day Monday

  I was able to get an appointment promptly Monday morning with a nurse practitioner at my PCP's office. Jeri confirmed my suspicions, s...