Tuesday, August 18, 2026

All Dolled Up!

 I had a nice morning with some of my lady friends. We played Apples to Apples. It's enjoyable. It's good for a few laughs. It encourages conversation and getting to know each other a bit better, which is great for me as I am the new kid on the block.

The muffins and scones were yummy. I also had some fresh strawberries and a bowl of Kisses. 

After lunch I retreated to my sewing space. I am embroidering the names of fellow travelers on some of the journals. It probably takes more time to get the journal secured on the hoop than it does to embroider it. It will take me a few days to complete 21 of them.

I made templates for hand quilting my State challenge quilt. I'll take the quilt with me on our trip. I might have a lot of seat time where I can stitch the Baptist Fan design. 


After I washed the doll's clothes in Woolite the white pinafore and her slip were still very yellow. I found out that the Woolite will take out dirt, but not necessarily the yellow. It was suggested that I use OxyClean for that. I don't normally use that product and admit to standing in the aisle looking at all of the various OxyClean options! The instructions for that product said you might soak objects for up to 6 hours, and it took all of that to make the whites white again! 


The elastic in her panties is shot. They won't stay up! Don't you hate it when that happens?! 🤣 I've put them aside to redo the elastic. Until then she'll have to go commando! 😮

While I was perusing my email I found a link to "50's Forgotten Casseroles". What's uncanny is just last night I was thinking of the cheeseburger casserole I used to make for the kids using Bisquik. And ta da! Just like that...here are some of those old favorites...including a hamburger casserole! We are going to enjoy try the chicken-a-la-king casserole tonight. The jury is out on whether we will enjoy it or not. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

All Dolled Up!

 I had a nice morning with some of my lady friends. We played Apples to Apples. It's enjoyable. It's good for a few laughs. It encou...