Monday, August 17, 2026

How Holy Hot Can it Get?

 Our temps approached 100 today. Our heat index soared to 115°! Yikes! I did wander out to pick up a few things at Walmart and at Hobby Lobby. We had some rain before I ventured out, and it poured after I came home. The temperature dropped a bit, but the humidity climbed.


Today I finally finished making the last of 21 journal covers for our upcoming trip. I'm giving each participant a journal. I'll also share, with them,  a few of the journals I've made on some of our previous trips. 
Melk, Austria, Sept 29, 2018

Chateau Frontenac Courtyard, July 11, 2022


April, 2023, Marianna, FL


May 29, 2025, Belfast, Ireland


I have really enjoyed journaling, and creating some watercolor sketches, scrapbooks and jotting down comments about our tours. It does take a lot of work on my part, but when I go back and look at my journals I am immediately taken back to that space and that time. My attempts at journaling truly enhance my memories. 

Today I finished making the last of 21 journals for our upcoming Route 66 trip. I received the first names of everyone on the tour today and hope to embroider their names on the journals. 


This morning I made some orange/cranberry scones for my "Apples to Apples" group meeting at our house tomorrow. Of course, I had to taste test them...they passed the test.
They are yummy!















No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

How Holy Hot Can it Get?

 Our temps approached 100 today. Our heat index soared to 115°! Yikes! I did wander out to pick up a few things at Walmart and at Hobby Lobb...