Friday, August 14, 2026

And it went downhill from there.....

 Yes. It was that kinda day. I had a good morning. I managed to accomplish a few things, even a challenging task in my sewing space. After lunch I hopped in the car as I had an appointment with the:


My iPhone 13 mini's battery was no longer functioning well enough, and Apple care said it was time for a change. Many days my battery would run out of juice by noon. As I have Apple Care on the phone, there would be no charge. It was all going according to plan until the tech said to come back in 2-3 hours. What?! I had figured that with an appointment, the repair would be made on the spot. Not so. 

What's a girl to do? Hmmmm....Dillards is a few miles away. They should have a seasonal shoe sale going on now! And yes, they did. I picked up two pair of sandals...at 60% off. Oh, and there's a Chico's. I haven't been in a Chico's for ages...and look at those pretty tops in fall colors...perfect for our upcoming trip. And then...the rain poured, in response to a loud clap of thunder and lightning that obviously cut the sky open releasing a deluge. I sat in Chico's for a bit. Tapping my toes. Browsing at other outfits and collections...and finally decided the heck with it. I cut my shopping trip short...I'll just have to catch HomeGoods another day! My phone ought be finished anyway. I made a mad dash and joined the line of traffic traveling through huge puddles on the road, creeping along at 15 mph, peering ahead to try to see the vehicle in front of me. If I had my phone, I coulda taken pictures!

By the time I made it back to Best Buy the rain had let up a bit. I wandered inside and retrieved my phone. It was so strange to be without it for several hours. I felt out of touch. 

I arrived home to a delightful surprise. The Mister had pulled leftovers out of the fridge and was reheating them. He had quartered potatoes and had just finished air frying them...and dinner was ready to put on the plate. 

It all sounds rather positive, right? Not downhill at all, Right? Wrong. I noticed that it was feeling warm in the house. After a bit of checking this and that we determined the compressor is not working. We have no AC in the house. And of course....it's a weekend! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

And it went downhill from there.....

 Yes. It was that kinda day. I had a good morning. I managed to accomplish a few things, even a challenging task in my sewing space. After l...