Wednesday, August 12, 2026

I can see clearly now...

This is my pot of Wishbone flowers. The first year we lived here one plant showed up in the pot, and before long the pot was overflowing with these flowers. It was a pleasant surprise left by the previous owners of the house. This year, I dumped about 2 inches of fresh potting soil on top, and before I knew it, there were little seedlings popping up. It has been a mound of flowers for weeks. 


The plants have begun to get so heavy that they are falling over, leaving holes in the mound.


This morning I gave it a hair cut.
It should grow back and finish the season off with continued beauty. 
 

I have a large pot with caladiums in the walkway of the back garden. Darn....it has been so pretty, but I can't find a single picture of it. Well, those poor caladiums are miserable. Their shaded glenn has disappeared. With the trimming of the palm trees, most of their shade has gone with the fronds...and they are left to bake in the sun. This morning I took pity on them:


They don't look very pretty now! 

I had a follow-up with the Gastroenterologist following my C-diff. He was glad that I recovered with the antibiotics, and didn't seem overly concerned about possible reoccurrences, which set me at ease a bit. Later I went for my annual eye exam...2 years since the last one. My vision hasn't changed significantly. I do have small cataracts. They've been with me for a few years and don't appear to have expanded very quickly. 

Recently I have acquired some bead working tools. I thought it would be fun and economical to make some earrings, etc, for everyday use. Well, economic once I have the basic tools and bead containers I need for all of the fiddly little bits purchased! 

I belong to a group of women who play Apples to Apples. I am the hostess next week, and generally the hostess has some sort of prizes for the winners. I saw these cute apple beads and thought it would be fun to make an ALDI Quarter Fob* for each woman. So, one of my first beading ventures has been to create one of these for each woman. There are only 6 players, so it's not such a big deal! I need to drill a small hole on the edge of the quarter to attach the ring. (I checked, it's legal to do so, as long as you aren't changing the value of the coin.)



Dinner was a Lowcountry Boil (AKA Frogmore Stew) and asparagus. 


*To get your grocery cart at ALDI shoppers must put a quarter in a slot on the cart to release a cable and let the cart move. The Quarter Key Fob may be easily found in one's purse, it will hang on the cart until the cart is returned and is "plugged" back in. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

What thoughts do you have?

I can see clearly now...

This is my pot of Wishbone flowers. The first year we lived here one plant showed up in the pot, and before long the pot was overflowing wit...