Friday, August 7, 2026

...and then we went to the ER

I had lunch at Angelo's Italian Restaurant with my "Cooks n Books" book club friends on Thursday. We talked about People We Meet on Vacation, by Emily Henry. We all agreed that parts of the book were enjoyable, but that it became a bit tedious. 

After lunch I stopped at ALDI and had already decided to do something with chicken breasts, brie and mushrooms. Yay me! I didn't wait until 5:30 to decide on a menu! 

by 12 Tomatoes

This is the editor's illustration....but mine looked similar, although the sides of my cast iron skillet were a bit gorped up! Additionally I had seriously halved the recipe, so my pan was not nearly as full. 

It was very tasty. We both enjoyed it. However, as the Mister pushed back his plate he commented, "I feel funny." I asked him how so, and he could only say he didn't know, but he felt odd. He took his temp and it was slightly elevated....again. He had wakened in the middle of the night with a temp around 101°, struggling to catch his breath.  He had actually seen his doctor earlier in the day for a regularly scheduled visit to review blood work, and of course, the low grade temp he experienced in the wee hours or the morning was gone, as was his struggling to catch his breath. He mentioned it,  but the doctor felt all seemed to be fine. His lungs and heart sounded OK, his BP and pulse were fine and his pulse ox was adequate. Regardless, the Mister decided we should go visit the new standalone ER down the street. After almost 2 hours, vials of blood and x-rays, the ER doc came in and explained he had multi lobar pneumonia and recommended he be admitted. The Mister must not be feeling up to snuff as he just nodded ascent - he relented without a fight. 

The standalone ER is affiliated with a hospital about 30 minutes away. He would be transported to the hospital facility by ambulance. They began the admission process. The Mister sent me home. 

And that was Thursday. That was not the way we had imagined the day would go! 


1 comment:

  1. How worrisome that the Mister could feel just miscellaneously bad and be so sick. Wishing him well and back home soon.
    Be good to you, too, as things on the home front are out of whack with the Mister away. The girls will certainly need extra attention.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

...and then we went to the ER

I had lunch at Angelo's Italian Restaurant with my "Cooks n Books" book club friends on Thursday. We talked about  People We M...