Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Look What I Found!

We went to Ocala for a meeting and stopped at the Hobby Lobby store. I am going to be taking a beading class in a week and stopped to pick up the materials. As I perused the beading and jewelry items my eyes spied these:


I had to buy them... I had to buy every one they had (4 packs). it helped that they were 40% off! I wasn't sure what I'd do with them...but I would find something. When I came home I looked in a beading kit I bought recently, and it had crimp thingies. Aha....on the suggestion of my BFF, I can make bookmarks. Better yet, I can add the charms to the ribbons I put in the journals as place markers. I checked to see if the crimp thingie would work...that's why I have the lavender ribbon... I was testing it out.

I had to drop the Mister off to pick up his truck after it was serviced, so I ran by the local Hobby Lobby. They had four more packs of the charms. I was able to order three additional packs, which will let me put a charm on the ribbon of each journal. Hobby Lobby didn't have any of the crimp thingies in the right size and color, so I ordered some from Amazon. I can't wait for them to get her so I can embellish the journals! And of course, it will be nice to have something else to do, because, as you can imagine, I have practically nothing to do to get ready to leave for 3 months! 😂😂😂😂


4 comments:

  1. Get you kicks on Route 66 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible and timely find! And you found them in time to order more so you have enough for all of the journals. How perfect is that??!!!! Joy, Joy, JOY!!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

A Stop in Cuba

Cuba, MO is a charming small town on Rt. 66, southwest of St. Louis. The roots of Route 66 go back to Indian tribes and their hunting trails...