Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Rainy Day Monday

 


I was able to get an appointment promptly Monday morning with a nurse practitioner at my PCP's office. Jeri confirmed my suspicions, saying, "When you know, you know!", and she's right! For me, that feeling I get with a UTI is unmistakeable, but I know some folks don't experience that. 

Jeri was quick to pick up on the type of antibiotics I might need, as I've head that once you have C-diff, you are more susceptible to a reoccurrence if/when you have antibiotics that impact the balance of good/bad bacteria in your intestines. She also cautioned that I get some good probiotics and eat yogurt. Check. Check. I am sipping my breakfast smoothie as I type! 

We have had some sun....but lately it has been grey and rainy. We can sure use it...but I think folks are getting a little testy! The plants are loving it! 


We received our tax bill for our property in NC. One of the line items was a $ 55 trash management fee. We have a vacant lot. We don't live on it, and we have no trash. I talked with the tax office. She commented, "I don't know why they did that!" As a result, we no longer have to pay that piece of the tax bill. 

I have been less than inspired when it comes to making dinner. I'm in a cooking rut. It might be the heat, it might be that I get so wrapped up with what I'm doing that suddenly it is past 5 pm and I have my head in the fridge trying to figure out what I can make for supper (besides reservations!) Maybe if I look through some magazines/web sites and get some inspiration for dinner on some days coming up, and have time to gather the ingredients I can make something new and yummy. Sounds like a plan, right?! 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you went to the Doctor! Hope you feel much better soon! I have not been making menus lately I need to do that again. We just ask each other every morning what do we want to eat today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the absolute worst person about meal planning. Sometimes I just snack on veggies and don't plan at all. But that is because I don't have to plan anymore for the two of us. Just me.
    Dogs are easy, they get kibbles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The few times I have been by myself I have enjoyed the 'meal prep', as well as eating what I like, eating what I feel like and maybe having a balanced week!

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better that the antibiotics won't start the C-diff up again. It's good to have Rxs given with forethought!
    Cute cartoon, too.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cyndy! I've had c-diff due to antibiotics. It's very dangerous, not to mention miserable. Nothing to mess around with. My doctor told me if I had waited another 24 hours, I could have died. Oh dinner ~ I'm staring at that issue right now. Fortunately I have some leftovers. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

On to Kankakee

Petoskey and Harbor Springs were in our rear view mirrors. We were moving on to the Kankakee South KOA where we meet the Adventure Caravan R...