Friday, August 21, 2026

Take me for a ride in your car.....

 VICKIE                                                                                                                            

KAITLYN

Take me for a ride in your car...

car?  

Did you say car?

I LOVE going for rides in the car!!!


I loved this song when PP&M used to sing it.
This is a fun rendition to listen to! 

The Lady who feeds us is getting our leashes....
Must you keep twirling?
She's getting the leashes,
She needs to see me, and know that I wants to go! 

Oh, goody, she's opening the door....
....and she just opened the door to the garage,
and the car....and she boosted me into the back seat! 
Whoo hoo!
Here we go! 
Bark, Bark,Bark! 
There's a person over there.
Where? Bark! If you are barking I better bark, too!
The lady who feeds us needs to be warned. 
Watch out! There's a truck! 
    Where? I don't see it!
I'm hopping to your side of the car!
No! This is my side. You are in my space!
Move! Lady, she's on my side of the car! 
Am not. There are no "sides"!
Wait...she's slowing down and parking!
We are here. We are somewhere!
Oh, goody! New places. New smells!
Wait! Stop! Go Back! 
Put me in the car, this place smells hurtful!

It was time for the girls to have their annual visit at the vets. They were actually very good.  They loved getting some loving from the gal at the reception desk....even if the place smelled "hurtful"! 


Kaitlyn went in the back first. She happily follows anyone, anywhere! 
Vickie stared at the door where Kaitlyn had disappeared.....

and looked to me, as if to say, "Aren't you going to go rescue her?!"
Who knows what happens to puppies in that back room! 

Kaitlyn returned safely, and then Vickie was led hauled off. 

While we waited, Kaitlyn gave me kisses to let me know everything would be OK!

Vickie was weighed, had blood drawn for a heart worm test, and was returned....
And then....
the doctor walked in!

Only Kaitlyn needed her annual inspection:


....and injection:

....and they were happily back in the car, ready to go home!

I made a detour to PetSmart on our way home, with the intent of letting them pick out a treat - Hah....who am I fooling?! They wanted everything edible...and even showed some interest in various stuffed animals. I selected two bones, and when we got home, they were quite OK with my choice! 

It was another hot, hot day with storms all around us. As the storms were roiling about, the wind picked up and it was tolerable outside. I picked a few buckets of weeds before a big whoosh brought a sheet of rain, and a peel of thunder, seemingly directly over my head. It was a quick torrent of rain, leaving almost as quickly as it came. 

Day was done! 















3 comments:

  1. Am glad the girls did well for the examinations and shots. I understand their anxiety. When I was a small child, I'd start crying when Mom turned the car right on a street we never drove on except when taking me to the doctor. Your chose wisely on the treats for Vickie and Kaitlyn!
    In a few minutes, I'll cut the 4 first border strips for SuperNova. Will probably have HSTs in the corners.
    If the forecast is correct, more rain tonight ... and maybe this afternoon.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thecontemplativecat here. so clever. I wonder if dogs really think like that. I kinda think they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wished we could attach electrodes to their heads and get images of what they are smelling and what they are envisioning!

      Delete

What thoughts do you have?

Take me for a ride in your car.....

  VICKIE                                                                                                                                    ...