Sunday, August 16, 2026

Sleepy Sunday

 Today was another hot day. Neither of us cared to do anything outside. I did tiptoe out to water a few wilted plants, but otherwise, stayed inside. 

The Mister helped me by drilling holes in a few quarters so that I could complete the ALDI quarter fobs.


I made some small 'gift bags' for the quarter fobs, and embroidered a tea towel as a prize for the winner of our game on Tuesday.


I completed the quilting on my friend's quilt. It is ready to deliver to her when I see her in September. 

I stripped my "Delaware Doll"  to wash her aged, yellowed clothes. The Woolite that I purchased didn't do anything for the yellowed whites. I need to get some Oxyclean and see if that can attack the yellow.


I stitched and turned my Delaware quilt. I decided not to bind it as I most often do with my current quilts. My next step will be to hand quilt it. That will be a challenge for me!


Lastly, I made some banana/blueberry muffins for the ladies who will come visit on Tuesday. 
I did taste test one.... yummy! 


The Mister ran out to Home Depot for AC filters and then stopped at Publix. He brought home hotdogs. We haven't had them in a long while...and dinner of hotdogs, pasta salad and asparagus was yummy! 




4 comments:

  1. I can actually say I have never had blueberry and banana muffins, that's a new flavour for me. Sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....I had bananas, I had blueberries...I search for muffins with both of those and went from there.

      Delete
  2. You had a busy day. If you cannot get rid of the yellowing maybe tea staining the fabric would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an option...you are right that a tea dye would make it all one color, but I'd rather have the piece be bright white. It's a pinafore of the dolls dress. It soaked in Oxyclean for a few hours and is much whiter. I'll see what it looks like when it dries.

      Delete

What thoughts do you have?

...and the Rest of Oklahoma

The lands we traveled through in SW Missouri, the SE corner of Kansas and the NE corner of Oklahoma had originally benefitted from the minin...