Wednesday, October 22, 2014

On the Road

Since Sept 7 we have traveled over 2,600 miles.
And… we have more to go!


Our reflection in a shiny tanker


I feel like singing:

"I've been everywhere, man.
I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed he desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere!"


It has been a lot of fun traveling with other folks.

Here, Phil and Donna negotiate the redwoods,


and Russ and Marg climb a switchback on the way to Yosemite.


There are two rigs ahead of us in this picture.
Russ and Marg are in the lead
and Brenda and Dick are following them.


We traveled on roads with sheer drops….
and no guard rails.


We drove on road where little separated us from the sea.


Some roads were very curvy.
(We didn't take this one!)


Others were supposed to be straight…
but weren't!


 Normally I plan our route, with the help of our GPS.
On this trip, the tour company provided a travel log.
Each turn was carefully marked,
down to the tenth of a mile.


I almost always had the trip log on my lap,
along with my iPad open to Google Maps.
I took this picture by mistake…
but decided I kinda like the story it tells!

More adventures to follow!







5 comments:

  1. It's a good way to see those things you may never have gotten to! Drive safe. Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I take those accidental photos too, Dreaming! Sometimes they come in handy. What a fantastic trip! Happy and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We are soon heading back home. I have mixed feelings about that.

      Delete
  3. What? You missed our gorgeous Fall, and now that it's turning, you're headed home? Backwards!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...