- After hulling each strawberry, cut into 4 slices.
- Pour a small amount of balsamic vinegar over the berries and stir gently to coat them.
- Cut basil in small strips.
- Spread goat cheese on crackers.
- Place two strawberry pieces on top of the goat cheese.
- Drizzle a small amount of honey over the berries.
- Place the basil on top of the honey.
- Find a private place, far away from anyone else, so you can enjoy your treats!
Friday, July 5, 2013
How Does Your Garden Grow?
Dreaming, Dreaming, always scheming,
How does your garden grow?
With parsley, sage and oregano,
And basil all in a row!
When we hit the road a few weeks ago I had a few recipes in mind that I wanted to prepare. One required fresh basil; the other, parsley. Mr. Dreamy came back from the store with hydroponically grown basil and a bunch of parsley. "Oh, Goody," said I, "I can put the hydroponically grown basil in water and it will be happy for weeks." I was wrong. Sadly, wrong. One morning one stalk of the basil was wilted and sagging. The next morning another stalk went. I finally had to dump it all. The parsley lived on, happily, in its cup of water, but it began to yellow over time.
So, we Dreamers assembled our own portable garden!
Last night I
sacrificed harvested some basil.
I cut it in slices and used it atop one of our favorite treats.
Balsamic Strawberry Appetizer
strawberries (1 berry makes two treats)
crackers, crostini or toast rounds
Our drive through central California seemed long and frankly, boring. However, the monotony was broken by observing the produce along the s...
I was about 10. I had discovered the secret door to the attic and the mother lode of Christmas gifts hidden within. As I recall, I spent a f...
As I decorate our home for the holidays I am reminded of Christmases of the past. One year we were feeling the pinch of an economic downturn...
Both hubby and I are experiencing more than a bit of the "Bah Humbugs" this year. We decided that just maybe, putting up a tree......