Monday, December 16, 2013

Scene Along the Road: Holy Cow... er... Cross

Along Highway 83, near the town of Ballinger, Texas, one can see this huge cross from miles away.


A bit of research using my best friend, Mr. Internet, told me more about the cross and gave me a link to a better picture than the one I took! 
The cross was erected in 1993. It is located southeast of the town. The cross is 100 feet tall and the arm measures 70 feet.
There are shrines and a chapel on the grounds and it is open to visitors. The cross was constructed by Jim and Doris Studer family as a thank you to God and the blessings he bestowed upon them. 


1 comment:

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...