Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Past

My parents didn't usually do photo Christmas cards. However, one year my dad befriended an engineer who worked for Kodak. Alex became a family friend and since he was always experimenting with new film for the company, he began using our family as photo fodder.


This was the result of one rather arduous (as I remember it) photo session with Alex. Awwww, don't we look like the typical family from the '60's?! We are our own "Leave it to Beaver" family!

In case you were wondering, I am front and center, wearing a cute, embroidered sweater my grandmother gave me... and I still remember how itchy it was!

6 comments:

  1. It's perfect! I love those Christmas past photos!!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
    ¸.•*¨*•♪♫♫♪Merry Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥
    ˜”*°•.˜”*°•.˜”*°•.★★.•°*”˜.•°*”˜.•°*”˜”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! How fun was the race car track?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah a moment in time captured! I am coveting the copper container that the wood is in:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a huge copper container like that once. I love the family picture from a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE old photos and this is a classic, for sure! And yes....The Cleaver Family. Sometimes I have a "Nostalgic Sunday" post on my blog....on Sundays! :) And I post old photos and memories. I'm going to try to do that today, especially since it's the last Sunday before Christmas! Thanks for sharing this gem and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...