Thursday, February 27, 2014

Camp KitchiKoomee

I refer to our current 'camp' ground as Camp KitchiKoomee. It is all that... and more!
OK, so it isn't a campground... it is a resort. That is the first difference. The last time I knew, there were 1900 sites - some of which have 'park models' on them. However, they are madly burying new 'village homes'. In my day, as a youngster, I would have called them a double-wide trailer! Here, they dig a pit and plant the modular pieces so it looks more like a home. (Since the satellite view was posted on Google they have probably planted about 2 dozen homes in the sandy area along the golf course and near the softball field.)


The resort is a 55+ community... but half the people act like little kids, so I don't miss seeing little ones. There is nothing lacking. If someone comes, and doesn't see something they want to do, well, they can volunteer to lead a club or class or activity period.

Here are just a few of the options gleaned from the website and my own experiences:

Crafts 

  • Pottery
  • Sewing
  • Quilting
  • Stained glass
  • Craft fairs
  • Card making/Scrapbooking
  • Watercolors
  • Woodshop
  • Photography
  • Wood carving
  • Lapidary
  • Silversmith



Dancing

  • Square dancing
  • Line dancing
  • Saturday night dances
  • Couples dancing
  • Variety
  • Western




Games

  • Bridge
  • Pinochle
  • Cribbage
  • Pegs & Jokers
  • Bingo
  • Canasta
  • Mah Jong
  • Dominoes
  • Hand and Foot
  • Texas Hold'em
  • Euchre
  • Poker



Classes

  • Stained Glass
  • Pottery
  • Computer
  • Silversmith
  • Lapidary
  • Woodcarving
  • Oil Painting
  • Tennis
  • Yoga/Pilates
  • Line Dancing
  • Square Dancing
  • Aerobics (water ) 


Sports

  • Golf
  • Tennis
  • Billiards
  • Shuffleboard
  • Water Volleyball
  • Lawn Bowling
  • Pickleball
  • Soft Ball
  • Horse shoes
  • Putting green
  • Biking
  • RC Control cars/planes




As you would expect, I have been playing some pickleball. I have also tried my hand at water volley ball (which I love) and lawn bowing - a real challenge at a slow pace!

Oh, I forgot to mention that the dogs are having fun, too. They have numerous small dog parks around the grounds, as well as an agility park near the ball field. Their favorite friend is Bella, a two-year old Sheltie. She loves to run and have my guys chase her! Tucker and Gypsy will have their own class this morning... in fact, I need to get going to get them to their activity!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an intriguing place; so some people live there year round and it is their home while travelers are welcome too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great place for your dogs. I bet Bella will miss your dogs as you move on. And, of course it's fun for you too, pickleball and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great place! They accept dogs and old people:)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...