Sunday, November 23, 2014

Tucker Talks: The Good and the Bad

What an exciting week this has been....but it had humaniliating moments, too.
I had several chances to herd those big animals that the lady who feeds me calls "damn deer". One morning I had three of them all bunched together in my back yard.  We were having so much fun! Then, they decided to leave and they jumped the fence. I called to them, "Come back!" I called over and over but they bounded away. Then one morning there were four of them just over the fence. How frustrating. I told hem to come on in and play. They wouldn't. Then I said, if you won't come here, then go away. Skedaddle. They wouldn't. They just looked at me with their freaky big eyes, put their heads down and continued eating. This morning there were four in my front yard. Right there, beyond the sidewalk. You can see where the snow is all mushed up by their pointy little feet. I can't get to the front yard to herd hem, but I made a fuss and they left, slowly. Oh, how I wish I coulda been out there to show them where to go...and how fast they should get there!


One day that lady that feeds me went out. When she came back she had two brand new beds for me and Gypsy. Wow! They are clean, and fluffy and it will take me a while to break mine in and get my hair threaded into that fluffy stuff, and get it so it smells like the yard, and like me. I have my work cut out!


Then, the most terrible, humaniliating thing happened. That lady took me out and into a place that wasn't where the lady with shots is, and wasn't the place where they have all kinds of yummy smelling things and where they give me a treat when that lady buys something. This place was different. It smelled like dogs...but it also smelled....clean. The lady who feeds me left me there. I can't begin to describe the terrible things that were done to me. But....oh, this is so hard to share, but, look what they did to me. Just look! I am so glad I don't have to be walked at a campground where all the dogs could see me. I look like some sort of freaky poodle or something. You can almost see my hiney hole! Geesh, I hope my hair grows back soon!


Oh, I did show that lady who feeds me how I felt. Even though I couldn't bring "half the tree" into the house in my hind end, as she told the man at that smelly place, I did get those pretty white feet all dirty! Hah! You can take me out and get me all cleaned up, but I'll undo it any way I can!


11 comments:

  1. Samson Says: My Daddy washes me with cold water from the garden hose. One time he didn't have shampoo, so he used Palmolive dish detergent he washes his Jeep with. Mommy was mad at him, but I turned out white as the driven snow. Mommy trims my hair in the summer, she has no IDEA how to do it, so maybe you were lucky after all, warm water, a proper trim. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you poor dog! I know that feeling, and I wiggle around and try to get away from my owner. Hey, my lady uses dish soap, too. She says it cuts my doggie grease (whatever that is) much faster than shampoo.

      Delete
  2. Theo & Ivy don't like spa treatment any better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our humans waste a lot of money on us dogs. I'd much rather they bought dog treats, instead!

      Delete
  3. You are looking good Tucker! Chance had his fall grooming about a month ago...he drags in sticks too and raspberry sticks that cling to his fur:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mickey here. Hey, I love to roll in the yard and get covered in the dried grass. Then when the humans open the door, I shoot inside before they can catch me and brush me off. It's so much fun! Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go, Mickey! Before they cut off my beautiful feathers, I could drag all kinda of things I to,the house!

      Delete
  5. Ah, the humiliation! Tell that lady who feeds who about Paybacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I think the hair cut was payback for e mess I keep making of my tail feathers; sticks, burs, and ...well, suffice it to say, all sorts of mess!

      Delete
  6. Oh Tucker! You are too funny! Construction has driven all my deer way ~ You might miss them if they go away!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...