Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Power of Ten

In the past weeks I have been doing some blog hopping, catching up on some of my blog friends. Fundy Blue put up a post on her blog, Standing Into Danger, about, "The Power of Ten". When I was reading it, I almost felt like "hitting myself up side the head" as they say in the south.


In her blog, Fundy Blue explained that her cousin Pat had told her, "Give me ten minutes, just ten minutes and I'll get something done." What a positive outlook. I love it. There are so many times when I am stalled in my life, when I won't, or don't move forward, because whatever I am facing seems too big, too complicated or just too much of a hassle to deal with, and I get lost in listless lethargy (or sit down and waste untold hours perusing stupid stuff on the computer!)

If, instead, I adopt "The Power of Ten",  I could attack those issues by dedicating ten minutes to move forward. Just ten minutes. Ten teeny tiny, lousy, little minutes. One measly percent of my time awake each day.  Just what I need to get kick-started on so many things (did you see my November list?!) and then I know I'll find myself rolling forward and the ensuing sense of accomplishment will carry me on.

Thanks, Pat, and Fundy, for helping me work on being more productive!

Given the "Power of Ten", what might you accomplish today?




3 comments:

  1. Good idea! I will try it today! I seem to be in a bit of a funk..but the sun is shining today...BUT it is cold:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it works. Maybe it will get you out of the funk, giving you a sense of accomplishment instead.
      Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. Hi Dreaming! As you can see I'm playing catchup, and I was so surprised and thrilled to see this post. Thanks for the acknowledgement! 10 minutes isn't much is it? I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We made it to the mountains in Breckenridge for a wonderful time with Terry's side of the family. My husband had a bad cold before Thanksgiving, and now I'm down with it. Which is good because I am catching up on all my favorite blogs that I've been missing! have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...