Sunday, September 15, 2013

And Now For the Real Story...

OK.... tripping on a perfectly flat floor and falling on one's face is a really sorry story. So, I worked on ramping it up a bit, so I'd have something better to tell the curious. How does this sound as an answer to how Dreaming ended up with stitches and a black eye:

*

*

*


Dreaming decided it was time to check one more thing off her bucket list. So, she went by the local hang gliding club and signed up for a flight. After intensive instruction she was buckled in and jumped off the cliff. Wheeee! Dreaming was having great fun...

But then,

Dreaming’s harness buckle snapped open and Dreaming began to fall....

But then,


she grabbed the strut and held on as the glider fluttered in circles, down, down, down.... into the forest. 

But then,


Dreaming landed in the top of a tall lodgepole pine and softly ricocheted from a branch on one tree to the branch of another until she was safely deposited on the thick bed of pine straw on the forest floor. 

But then,


she heard the grumbling of a brown bear. Mama Bear lumbered into the clearing, staring menacingly at Dreaming, who happened to be standing between Mama and her cubs. Dreaming didn’t waste a second, but took off running through the brambles and the underbrush, heading down the mountain. She jumped from boulder to boulder. She somersaulted from clearing to clearing. She dodged branches and leaped onto a raft of snarled logs in the raging river at the base of the mountain, leaving Mama Bear behind...

But then,


the raft of logs began to break up. First there were five, then four.... three, two and finally Dreaming was straddling one log plummeting down the raging river, swollen from the recent rains. The log snagged on concrete pylons, the remainder of a dam. Dreaming was contemplating how she might get to the land, a tantalizing 20 feet from where she sat, unscathed, on a log in the midst of the river...

But then,


a helicopter appeared over the trees and dropped a skyhook. Dreaming grabbed the hook and was hoisted into the 'copter and whisked to safety. The helicopter dropped Dreaming off at the end of her driveway. She thanked the rescuers and walked to her house...

But then...


10 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Yes, this one has a bit more flair to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better about the real story: I broke my foot making strawberry pies once!!! So falling face first on a flat surface isn't really that bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Funny story. Definitely more exciting than tripping on the floor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, I love it! That is how my mind works too ;)

    ReplyDelete

What thoughts do you have?

I knew I Could - Vickie's A-musings

Hi, I'm Vickie, and I just had some great fun! I earned 4 ribbons!! Sweet! Me with two of. my 4 ribbons I just knowed I could do it. I&#...